Supporting our Leaseholders
We provide help, advice and support to leaseholders that have entered into a leaseholder agreement for their homes with the City of Doncaster Council.
Our Responsibility to Leaseholders
In providing services to leaseholders we are responsible for:
• Keeping in repair the structure, exterior and common parts of the building, including drains and external pipes.
• Insuring the building to the full cost of reinstatement.
• Managing your block and the estate in a proper and reasonable manner.
• Providing service charge accounts in April and September of each year
• Providing an itemised invoice of service charges by the end of September each year showing actual costs for services to your block over the previous year and how much you need to pay.
• Consulting with leaseholders before carrying out expensive works to the building.
Leaseholders are responsible for:
• Observing all the terms and regulations set out in the lease.
• Keeping the flat in good repair.
• Ensuring that no items are stored in the communal areas.
• Not making any structural alterations or additions, including new windows, without our prior permission.
• Not doing anything which may be a nuisance to residents or causing damage to any part of the building.
• Paying ground rent, service charges and contributing to major works costs.
• Advising us of any transfer of lease, mortgage, or sublet.
• Sending a copy of any notice affecting the property to us.
• Ensuring an annual gas service is undertaken by a GasSafe registered engineer who will issue a valid registered certificate upon completion.
We have a legal duty to collect from Leaseholders their share of the costs of maintaining and managing the block within which their flat or maisonette is situated.
The way in which the service charge works is set out in the lease. The charge normally covers the cost of general maintenance and repairs, insurance of the building and any other services provided. The charge will also include a management fee.
We are not responsible for repairs and maintenance inside your flat, although we will carry out emergency work to prevent the problem causing either a nuisance to other people, or damage to the structure of the block. You may be charged for any work carried out by us inside the flat.
We are happy to provide you with a quotation for the day to day repairs and maintenance, deemed to be your responsibility inside your home, or replacement of any element within your home such as kitchen, bathroom, central heating and electrical works - all at competitive prices!
St Leger Homes have a dedicated Customer Access Team who are available from 8:00am to 7:00pm Monday through to Friday to receive all calls relating to repairs.
Repairs can be logged online 24 hours a day or for emergency assistance please contact 01302 862 862, please select Option 1 when prompted.
As a leaseholder it is your responsibility to ensure that your gas appliances are safe and regularly serviced. It is advised that you have your gas appliances serviced every 12 months, which must be undertaken by GasSafe Registered Installer. You must also provide a copy of the maintenance certificate to us.
We can carry out your annual gas service for you at a competitive rate. Please contact us for more information, or to book your gas servicing appointment.
We would strongly urge all leaseholders to take out adequate Home Contents Insurance.
Some people mistakenly believe that their furniture and personal belongings are automatically covered by St. Leger Homes of Doncaster. This is not the case.
If you are uninsured you risk financial loss from burglary or theft and from damage from hazards such as fire and burst pipes.
Home Contents Insurance is available from many different sources, including insurance companies, insurance brokers and banks.
We have a Home Contents Insurance scheme available so if you require more information, or advice, we will be pleased to help you. Contact us on 01302 862859 or fill in our Contact Us Form.