Apprenticeships with St Leger Homes
We have now started the process to consider our Apprentice recruitment for 2024. We expect the new Apprenticeships will be launched during National Apprenticeship Week starting on 5 February 2024, with the actual recruitment opening around the middle of March.
If you would like to be kept informed, please email SLHDWOW@stlegerhomes.co.uk
We are very proud of our apprenticeship scheme at St Leger Homes and the role it plays in supporting local people to grow their skills and learning within our business. Every year we attract some fantastic candidates who help us deliver excellent customer-centred services, whilst understanding the positive difference we can all make working for a local social housing provider.
A huge proportion of those apprentices gain long term employment with us and many spend their whole career in the business.
We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion for everyone, every day.
An apprenticeship means doing a real job with quality training whilst gaining a qualification in the workplace.
You'll earn a salary while you learn and be given allocated study time.
The features of an apprenticeship are:
- You'll be studying a nationally recognised qualification;
- You will receive a minimum of 12 months training, dependent on the qualification. This could be up to four years for a higher level qualification;
- You will be working typically at least 30 hours per week;
- There will be a mix of on the job training and classroom learning, dependent on the qualification; and
- Around 20 per cent of your working hours will be spent on study towards your qualification
Our diverse and vast range of services bring great opportunities in different fields.
There are also clear career pathways available and we are committed to supporting the personal development of our staff.
We would love you to be part of our future workforce and would do our best to make the apprenticeship journey the very best experience it can be for you.
Working at St Leger Homes can be extremely rewarding and provides a real opportunity to serve our residents and communities.
Our staff need to be motivated, passionate and share our core values:
- Fairness – act fairly, demonstrating our respect for all people and the things we do, creating a truly collaborative culture where everyone can thrive, be safe and learn from each other.
- Excellence – strive for excellence in our work, delivering customer focussed services that consistently meet the needs of Doncaster communities and are ambitious for the future.
- Empowerment – create a positive and can-do culture in which everyone is empowered to be the best they can be, is open and honest in their interactions and where constructive challenge is the norm.
- Local – work with our colleague, tenants and partners to achieve more, being ambitious for Doncaster and taking pride in making a difference for our communities.
To help you make that decision, here are some of the benefits you will experience:
- Gaining valuable skills, experience and knowledge;
- Enhancing your employability, future job prospects and career opportunities;
- Receiving a salary whilst learning, avoiding significant debts which come from the traditional university route;
- Enhancing your social skills and confidence through working with others; and
- Potentially using an apprenticeship as an alternative route to gaining qualifications needed as entry requirements to higher-level qualifications.
We offer a variety of apprenticeships in roles across the business each year.
These include construction-based roles in our Property Services teams such as Gas and Plumbing, Electrical, Joinery, Bricklaying and more.
We also offer more office-based roles in teams like Human Resources, ICT, Customer Services and Business Administration.
Please visit our St Leger Homes jobs page for our current vacancies.
The following levels of qualifications are available through an apprenticeship:
Intermediate - level two
An intermediate apprenticeship is equivalent to five good GCSE passes. Apprentices work towards work-based learning qualifications such as an NVQ level two.
Advanced - level three
An advanced apprenticeship is equivalent to two A-level passes. Advanced apprentices work towards work-based learning qualifications such as an NVQ level three.
Higher - levels four to seven
Higher apprenticeships offer a work-based learning programme and lead to a nationally recognised qualification at one of the following:
- Levels four and five are equivalent to a higher education certificate, higher education diploma or a foundation degree.
- Level six is equivalent to a degree.
- Level seven is equivalent to a master’s degree.
The level of apprenticeship pay may vary from role to role and will be made clear as part of the advert for a particular position.
One of the great benefits of an apprenticeship is the qualification is paid for by us, rather than you having to pay for it.
Working for St Leger Homes can offer fantastic career opportunities, benefits and rewards to anyone who works for us:
- One on One and team mentorship/support
- On the job training
- Relevant external training and development
- Challenging and meaningful work to give you the opportunity to put your learning into practice
You will also be eligible to a number of our usual benefits which you can find here
For more general information about apprenticeships, please visit:
If you require further information about apprenticeships at St Leger Homes, please contact the HR & Organisational Development team, email SLHDHRAdmin@stlegerhomes.co.uk or telephone 01302 734714