We have begun a major repair project that will reinstate all 64 homes affected by last year’s floods.
Works started in Fishlake on Monday 20 th January and will be extended to other affected areas of Doncaster in the coming weeks. It is hoped that works will be completed in all areas in the next 3-4 months.
All tenants whose properties are affected will be contacted by their nominated St Leger Homes’ keyworker in the next two weeks to let them know the specific tailored works planned for their property, and also the timescales involved. We will be predominantly working with contractor Henry Boot to carry out these works.
Paul Tanney, Chief Executive of St Leger Homes, said: “It is great that thanks to the drying out process being successful, we are now able to begin the repair and remediation works which will mean these properties should hopefully be fully reinstated by Easter.
“We know that this has been a difficult time for many tenants, especially those that have remained in their properties throughout this period, and we want to ensure the bespoke plan of works we have for each property is carried out as quickly as possible. We’ll be meeting with every tenant affected to discuss the planned works and will be happy to answer any questions they have about the process.”
Cllr Glyn Jones, Deputy Mayor and Cabinet Member for Housing and Equalities, said: “It’s important that we help get people who suffered from the floods back into their own homes and leading normal family lives again as soon as possible. Doncaster Council, St Leger Homes and our partners are pulling out all the stops to make this happen.”