Over the last 12 months, tenants have helped us shape a new approach to how we work together to ensure they have greater influence than ever before over the ways in which decisions are taken about their homes and the services we provide.
This approach forms the basis of our new St Leger Homes Tenant Voice Strategy, containing a number of exciting changes, including:
- Developing 5 Key Commitments to:
- Widen the opportunities for more tenants to be able to be involved
- Ensure tenants are at the centre of decision-making at every level; influencing services across the organisation
- Support tenants to gain the knowledge, experience and confidence, so they feel their contribution has value and impact
- Create a culture of mutual trust and transparency so that tenants can question and challenge effectively
- Ensure the environment is right so that Involvement is everyone’s business
- Creating a new One Voice Forum to put tenants at the forefront of ensuring these Commitments are delivered, further strengthening their influence at the top of the organisation as well as deepening our understanding of local issues
- Working more closely with those living in communal and high rise properties in particular so that they are involved in the safety plans for their homes and buildings.
- Giving tenants new and stronger ways to scrutinise what we do and hold us to account
- Recognising that people want to get in touch with us in different ways and so this needs to be as easy as possible
If you have a spare 5 minutes why not read it in full here: Tenant Voice Strategy – we would love to know what you think!
The Tenant Voice Strategy is just the start – we are always on the look-out for new volunteers to get involved, share their views or simply let us use them as a sounding board for ideas we might have.
If you would like to join the conversation or learn more about how you can play a part, please give us a call or drop us a line at 01302 862743 or email@example.com.