We are currently offering three 12-month paid work placements to local students.
If you are a current student looking for a placement year/fixed term opportunity to embed your learning and you are keen to gain work experience then we would love to hear from you.
The office based roles are in Business Transformation; Health, Safety and Compliance; and in Organisation Development. For more details, see below.
Business Transformation – 1 Student Placement Opportunity Available
The Business Excellence department consists of the Business Transformation and ICT teams, and delivers a variety of changes and improvements across the organisation. This includes carrying out business analysis, collating performance information, change management, project management, and implementing new technology. Based within the Business Transformation team, this role will offer the right individual experience in:
- Facilitating organisational change
- Administering and co-ordinating improvement projects
- Supporting the delivery of workshops and focus groups
- Researching innovative solutions to business challenges, particularly using technology
- Analysing and presenting data including performance information to inform decision making
Health, Safety & Compliance – 1 Student Placement Opportunity Available
The Health, Safety and Compliance Team work closely with managers and colleagues to embed health, safety and compliance right across the business. This placement will provide you with direct exposure to all aspects of a fast-paced health, safety and compliance function and will give the right person the opportunity to gain experience in:
- The workings of an established and professional health, safety and compliance team
- Providing advice and support to managers to assist them in fulfilling their legal duties around safe systems of work
- Supporting with the development and implementation of new ISO 45001 accredited Health and Safety Management System
- Assisting with developing systems and processes around compliance functions, specifically around fire and asbestos
- Providing support for delivery and analysis of result of Health, Safety and Wellbeing Culture Monitoring Survey
Organisation Development – 1 Student Placement Opportunity Available
The Organisation Development Team deliver improvement and development to and for people across St Leger Homes. They are responsible for developing and delivering training and e-learning, creating innovative ways to support behavioural and cultural change. Working closely with colleagues from HR they provide a support service to managers and staff. This includes coaching, mediation, careers advice and guidance as well as providing managers with the right information. The team support induction and onboarding, the annual staff conference as well as delivering our amazing apprenticeship programme. This is certainly a great opportunity to gain experience in a broad range of people and organisational improvement techniques, including:
- Facilitating organisational and culture change
- Administering and co-ordinating improvement projects
- Supporting the delivery of training, e-learning, induction, workshops and focus groups
- Researching innovative solutions to business challenges, particularly using technology and people development
- Analysing and presenting data to inform decision making
St Leger Homes is an award winning company which provides excellent housing services across Doncaster in the social and private sectors. We provide a comprehensive management service to over 20,000 properties and strive to maintain excellent standards of service. We employ over 800 staff in a wide variety of roles. We work in partnership with Doncaster Council, our customers and other agencies to build confident communities.
We value our employees and we continually invest in the support and development of all our staff. Working here will offer you the chance to work in an exciting and rewarding environment, helping to provide a valued service to our employees and the community.
We are looking for current students in their placement year who are genuinely looking to gain invaluable work experience. If you are a second year undergraduate studying a relevant degree and looking for work experience, then these opportunities could be for you!
Our offer to you:
- Paid, fixed-term contract up to 31st August 2020
- Salary of £17,364 per annum
- One on One and team mentorship/support
- On the job training
- Relevant external training and development
- 26 days paid annual leave
- Challenging and meaningful work to give you the opportunity to put your learning into practice
- A base within Doncaster at either St Leger Court, Doncaster, DN4 5ND (for the OD and BT roles) and at Shaw Lane Ogden Road, Doncaster, DN2 4SQ (for the H&S role). The roles come with the opportunity to travel in and around Doncaster and to external training opportunities within the region, as required.
If you have an interest in gaining skills and experience within a supportive, innovative and dynamic organisation, then this is the opportunity for you.
For further details on the roles or the process, please contact the People Development Team at St Leger Homes at email@example.com. Please apply using the St Leger Homes application form stating how you meet what we are looking for in the person specification.
Applications from St Leger Homes tenants and their families are welcome.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 30th April 2019
Interview dates: w/c 20th May 2019 and w/c 27th May 2019
Starting date: 2nd September 2019
At St Leger Homes, we aim to build a workforce that reflects the diverse communities we serve. We are committed to promoting equality of opportunity and the fair treatment of all applicants. We welcome all applicants regardless of race, gender, disability, religion or belief, sexual orientation, age and all other protected characteristics.
Paul Tanney, Chief Executive of St Leger Homes, said:
“We’re delighted to be offering three 12 month work placements to local students. These placements give valuable work and learning opportunities in a variety of office based roles. This announcement comes a few days after our trade apprenticeships were launched – and we want to say to people, whatever your skills and interests, there are opportunities here at St Leger Homes where you can make a difference in your local area whilst growing your own skills and knowledge. Why not get involved?”
To apply for one of these work placements, please visit: https://www.stlegerhomesjobs.co.uk/business-transformationpeople-development-corporate-services-student-placements-2019/20523.job