Help us to help you! Before you ring to report a repair to your gas central heating, we ask that you carry out a few simple checks:
- Is the gas supply turned on? Check if other gas appliances, such as your gas cooker, are working?
- If you have a combination boiler, is the ON/OFF/Reset select switch in the Heat/Water position and is the display lit? If not, check that the electricity to the boiler is switched on.
- Is the timer/programmer set correctly to Heat/Hot Water?
- Is your room thermostat set high enough? Turn to maximum to check.
- If you have thermostatic radiator valves fitted, are they turned up?
- If you have a pre-payment or token meter, is there enough credit on your meter?
If you have checked all the above and still can’t get the heating to work, contact our Customer Access team on 01302 862862