St Leger Homes of Doncaster has this week launched its Annual Review for 2018/19, focusing on its performance and achievements which they have delivered for tenants over this period.
The award-winning local housing provider that maintains over 20,000 homes for Doncaster Council is publishing the results of its Annual Review as widely as possible, in a variety of ways, to help make it more accessible for the public. This includes a series of films which will be shared via social media and on the web.
The Annual Review outlines what was a positive year for St Leger Homes, reflected in:
- £1.08m of cost and efficiency savings across the business invested into service improvements
- Rent loss due to empty properties down to 0.49 per cent – the lowest level ever – and the lowest number of void properties too
- 99.24 per cent of repairs completed right first time – the best result since 2012/13
- Rent areas reducing by £400,000
- The Tenancy Sustainability Team going from strength to strength assisting the most vulnerable tenants, securing £308,035 of financial savings and average rent reductions of £47 per person assisted
- 696 households prevented from becoming homeless and 56 extra bed spaces being made available under the Winter Plan
- 100 per cent of homes received gas safety checks
- 89.20 per cent of tenants satisfied with the quality of their home
- Over 1,181.4kg of produce being donated by staff to local foodbanks
- 92.99 per cent of antisocial behaviour cases have been resolved
- 162 people signed up to the World of Work employment and skills programme, with 24 gaining paid employment at the end of the course
- 14 apprenticeships started
Paul Tanney, Chief Executive of St Leger Homes, said:
“This Annual Review shows services have improved significantly, and this has been reflected by the large number of awards we have been shortlisted for over this period and from positive feedback from our tenants
“Alongside this we have continued to achieve significant accreditations. We have been awarded the highest health and safety rating from the British Safety Council for the eighth year in a row – and we have also received our Customer Service Excellence reaccreditation from the Government for the ninth consecutive year.
“We remain a good performing, mid-to-low cost housing provider, but we aren’t being complacent. We continue to aim high as an organisation, transforming our services, tackling challenges and adding to the experience by adding new Board members and tenant representatives.
“We’re pleased to be making a positive difference across Doncaster, providing tenants with the high quality services they deserve. We look forward to making further improvements in the forthcoming months.”
To visit the Annual Review part of our website please visit: https://www.stlegerhomes.co.uk/news/annual-review-2018-2019/
To read the hard copy of our Annual Review please visit: https://www.stlegerhomes.co.uk/EasySiteWeb/GatewayLink.aspx?alId=21673
To read a hard copy of our Annual Review Summary please visit: https://www.stlegerhomes.co.uk/EasySiteWeb/GatewayLink.aspx?alId=21668
To view our short Annual Review films visit: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzs8IWHH9D0bo8T-6sGBiBN8zy7Co0HYr