St Leger Homes are this week launching a range of apprenticeships aimed at giving high quality training and work opportunities to people living in Doncaster.
The organisation manages over 20,000 properties on behalf of Doncaster Council, and since 2005 their annual apprenticeship programme has trained around 100 people from the local area. People of all ages and backgrounds are welcome to apply.
There are 12 apprentice placements across the business as follows:
· 4 x Business Administrators, to study for a NVQ level 2 in business administration
· 1 x IT Support Officer, to study for an NVQ level 2 in IT support
· 1 x IT role, to undertake a level 7 IT qualification
· 2 x Electrician, to be supported to undertake a level 3 NVQ qualification
· 1 x Joiner, to be supported to undertake a level 3 NVQ qualification
· 1 x Gas Fitter, to be supported to undertake a level 3 NVQ qualification
· 1 x Bricklayer, to be supported to undertake a level 3 NVQ qualification
· 1 x Stores and Logistics, to be supported to undertake a level 2 NVQ qualification
The first opportunities are already live on the St Leger Homes jobsite, with the remaining posts going live in the course of the next week. Please check out https://www.stlegerhomesjobs.co.uk/ for the latest information and relevant closing dates for each role.
Chief Executive of St Leger Homes, Paul Tanney, said:
“There are a wide range of apprentice posts across our trades and office teams opening this week, so why not get involved? Apprentices play a vital role for us at St Leger Homes – these 12 roles will join the 25 apprentices we currently employ across a variety of roles.
“We are particularly encouraging applications from our tenants, as well as residents – and we would love to hear from any women who would like to consider construction as a career opportunity and work alongside the great staff we already have in our trades teams. We pride ourselves on having a welcoming atmosphere and diverse workforce where everyone can use their skills and knowledge to flourish.
“The comprehensive training we offer has led to 97% of our former apprentices going on to secure full time employment. We offer great learning opportunities that can turn into great careers. Please visit https://www.stlegerhomesjobs.co.uk/ and consider applying.”