St Leger Homes of Doncaster

Claiming Universal Credit? Report your rent change!

Last month you will have received a letter from St Leger Homes telling you that your weekly rent charge will change on 5th April 2021. To avoid missing out on any money that you are entitled to it is important to report this rent change immediately on your Universal Credit – when you do this your housing costs will increase based on this new rent amount.

If you do not report this change then you will not receive the right amount of Universal Credit to pay your rent, which means that you would have to pay any remaining costs yourself.

Please note, if you are claiming Housing Benefit rather than Universal Credit then we will report this rent change for you.

How to report your rent change

Here are the simple steps you must take to report the rent change.

You will need:

  • ·Access to the internet
  • ·Your rent change letter sent in March 2021
1. Log onto your online Universal Credit journal
2. Click on the new To Do item called ‘Confirm your housing costs’
3. It will ask ‘Did your housing costs change on 5 April 2021?’ Click ‘Yes’ then click ‘Continue

UC picture 1.png

4. It will ask ‘Are you still charged weekly for your rent?’ Click ‘Yes

UC picture 2.png

5. It will then ask ‘How much is your new rent per week?’ Enter the exact new weekly amount you are charged – you can find this on the rent change letter that you received in March

6. Finally, it may ask ‘Are you still charged weekly for your service charges?' If you do have service charges click ‘Yes’ and then enter your service charge amount – you can find this on the rent change letter that you received in March. If your housing costs do not currently include service charges Universal Credit will not ask you about them.

UC picture 3.png

If you need any help reporting the changes to your rent, please contact us on 01302 862862 (option 2) and we will be able to assist you over the telephone.



St Leger Court
White Rose Way
Tel: 01302 862862
Powered by EasySite™ CMS