Welcome to our Annual Review 2020/21 where a look back at how we have performed during the past year, the services we have provided and the challenges that we have faced along the way.
Throughout the pandemic we continued to provide core services whilst offering advice and support tailored to the needs and circumstances of those going through tough times.
Some key highlights from 2020/21 include:
- Prevented 604 households from becoming homeless
- Ensured financial gains for tenants of £566,654
- Completed 61,204 repairs – with 99.2% of those repairs completed right first time
- Completed 100% of gas servicing of our properties, ensuring families continue to be kept warm and safe all year round
- £19.1m spent on investing and improving local homes
- Worked with Doncaster Council to make over 16,000 telephone calls to vulnerable residents across Doncaster to check on people’s welfare
- Supported vulnerable tenants by helping collect their shopping and by collecting medicines and prescriptions for those who were isolating or found it difficult to get out
- Successfully resolved 1,702 antisocial behaviour cases
- Received the Customer Service Excellence Accreditation from the Government for the 11th year running – increasing the amount of elements in the highest ‘Compliance Plus’ category
- Achieved the British Safety Council 5 Star award for the 10th year running
- Maintained ISO 45001 accreditation
- Established a High Rise Forum listening to the experience of tenants in high rise properties, improving fire safety measures
- Set up a new Building Safety Compliance Team to improve safety of all tenants
- Achieved national recognition for commitment to reduce the environmental impact of council housing, receiving the SHIFT (Sustainable Homes Index for Tomorrow) Gold accreditation for the second year running, improving overall score by 2 points
- Won the Apprentice of the Year Award at the Doncaster Business Awards for gas engineer Owen Cooper
We hope you enjoy watching our Annual Review 2020/21 short film and reading our Annual Review summary.