Working for St Leger Homes can offer fantastic career opportunities, but there are many other benefits and rewards available to anyone who works for us:
St Leger Homes of Doncaster understand the need to offer flexible working and believe that individuals should be able to work and enjoy a quality family life. We believe the ability to balance life inside and outside of work is key to attracting and retaining the best employees. The following benefits are therefore available to most employees dependent upon the nature of the role and the needs of the organisation.
- Flexi-time scheme
- Flexible working patterns
- Agile working
- Job sharing
- Part time vacancies
St. Leger Homes of Doncaster believes that its employees are its most valuable resource and that the company must invest in its workforce to develop and maintain the standard of service that customers expect. Employee development and training is therefore a key objective for the company.
- Dedicated Organisational Development team to support learning and development opportunities
- Regular check in’s with your line manager to provide you with excellent training and support
- Paid professional memberships (if required for the job role)
- Opportunity to enhance your knowledge, skills and qualifications
The health and wellbeing of all employees is extremely important here at St Leger Homes of Doncaster. We are therefore proud to offer free membership for all our employees to a private health care scheme with Medicash, one of the UK’s largest and an award winning healthcare provider.
- Claim back the cost of treatments and consultations; in addition to a 24/7 counseling telephone service with the ability to offer face to face counseling if required
- We are currently silver and working to achieve Gold in the Public Health initiative Be Well@Work to demonstrate the commitment we have at St Leger to support our employees’ health and wellbeing
- Occupational Health Service to help with advice on any reasonable adjustments and ways to support employees carry out their day to day duties
- Generous occupational sick pay to support employees financially when they are unable to come into work
All employees are given an opportunity to become a member of the Local Government Pension Scheme provided by South Yorkshire Pensions Authority. Employees are automatically entered into the pension scheme unless they choose to opt out.
- Join a first class contributory pension scheme
- Career average scheme with 13.8% employer contributions
We offer all our employees a wide range of generous leave entitlements.
- Generous paid annual leave entitlement; a minimum of 26 days a year with increments of 3 days at 5 years and 2 days at reaching 10 year’s service plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata for part time employees)
- Paid maternity, adoption and paternity leave all above the government minimum
- Support with time off to attend appointments
- Provisions for parental and special leave
- Pay scales/bandings mean that increments are reviewed and awarded annually
- Receive contributions to the cost of child care through the governments Child Care Vouchers scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme, this encourages employees to cycle to work where possible. We also have showers and bike storage available
- Discounted membership at sports and leisure centres
- Trade Union representation – St Leger Homes of Doncaster recognises 3 Trade Unions; Unite, Unison and GMB
With Medicash Extras, employees can find discounts at many different online and high street retailers across the UK. From fashion to electronic and supermarkets, users can save hundreds of pounds on their shopping each year.