St. Leger Homes of Doncaster is fully committed to ensuring equality in employment opportunities, and recognise the benefit of a balanced and diverse workforce. Our aim is to achieve a workforce that reflects the national population, providing the right balance of skills and experience to deliver the highest quality of service.
We aim to achieve equality of employment opportunities by ensuring that full and fair consideration is given to all applications, and we welcome candidates of any age, sex, race, religious belief and ability.
We have been recognised for our efforts in actively promoting equal opportunities by the award of the ‘Two Tick Positive about disabled people’, which outlines the following principles-
- To interview all applicants with a disability who meet the minimum criteria for a job vacancy and consider on ability
- To ensure there is a mechanism in place to discuss, at any time, but at least once a year, with disabled employees what we can do to make sure employees can develop and use their abilities
- To make every effort when employees become disabled to make sure they stay in employment
- To take action to ensure that all employees develop the appropriate level of disability awareness needed to make our commitments work
- Each year, to review the commitments and what has been achieved, to plan ways to improve on them and let the Employment Service know about progress and future plans
We continually monitor our Equality Polices and Procedures ensuring that they are in line with government legislation and best practice.