St Leger Homes of Doncaster
1% Rent Reduction

1% Rent Reduction


From 2 April 2018, you will have had a change in your weekly rent charge.  Your rent will have decreased in line with the 1% rent reduction set out by the Government.

What does this mean for me?

This means the amount of rent you are being charged is going down. If you are claiming Universal Credit and receive help with your rent (even if it is paid to St Leger Homes), you must tell the Department of Work and Pensions of the change in your rent as soon as the change has happened. If you don't tell them, you could be overpaid.

What do I need to do?

As with all changes in your circumstances, you will need to report the change on your through your Universal Credit account.  

When should I report the change?

You must update Universal Credit on or after the date the change has happened.

Your rent charge reduced from 2 April 2018; therefore you must notify Universal Credit as soon as possible. 

What happens if I don’t do this?

If you don't report the change in your rent charge, you may  receive more Universal Credit than you are entitled to. This overpayment will be recovered from your future Universal Credit payments. It is likely this will be taken as a lump sum from your next payment which may cause you financial hardship – to avoid this, ensure you note the change to your rent in Journal on your Universal Credit account.

If you need help with this, please contact your local office who will be happy to assist you.




St Leger Court
White Rose Way
Tel: 01302 862862
Powered by EasySite™ CMS