St Leger Homes of Doncaster
MoneyWise logo

Yorkshire Water Support Schemes


We all have to pay for the water we use, but are you paying more than you need to?

Yorkshire Water have created the following schemes to help individuals and families who struggle pay their water bill.


If you're on a low income with an annual water bill of at least £430 you may be entitled to get your bill reduced. You don't have to be claiming a benefit or be in arrears with your water bill to qualify. The scheme applies to both rated and metered billing.

To find out more and to apply call 0345 1 242424 and ask to speak to the Customer Support Team. They will check if you are eligible for WaterSupport and offer advice on other ways to reduce your bill.


If you're on a low income with an annual water bill of at least £430 you may be entitled to get your bill reduced. To qualify you must meet the following conditions:

  • Your water supply is metered, and

  • The bill payer or someone in your household receives a qualifying benefit, and

  • There are 3 or more children living in your household, or

  • You or someone living in your property has a medical condition which means they use a lot of extra water

To check the list of conditions or apply, download the application form.

Community Trust

The Community Trust was set up to primarily help those individuals and families in real need who are unable to pay their water charges. Each application is considered on a case by case basis and the trust will give priority to those who are in greatest need.

Successful applicants will have water arrears and at least one other priority debt, such as rent, mortgage, Council Tax, gas or electricity. Arrears for water rates must be between £50 and £2,000.

To apply you will need to complete and submit an application form.


The Resolve scheme can help you with water arrears from previous years. It requires a commitment from you to make regular payments over a 12 month period. If you show this commitment then Yorkshire Water will make credits to your water arrears on your account.

If you're claiming:

  • Universal Credit

  • Jobseekers Allowance

  • Employment and Support Allowance

  • Income Support

  • Pension Credit

Yorkshire Water may be able to arrange for money to be taken straight from your benefits.

To find out more and to apply call 0345 1 299299.


For more information on all these schemes, visit the Yorkshire Water website.

Powered by EasySite™ CMS