Following an external peer challenge In September 2014, we were awarded with the "Excellent" level accreditation of the Social Housing Equality Framework by the Local Government Association.
The Peer Challenge is designed to validate an organisation’s own self-assessment at the 'Excellent' Level by considering documentary evidence and by carrying out a series of interviews and focus groups with employees and other stakeholders. The basis for the Peer Challenge is a benchmark against five areas of performance. They are:
- Knowing your customers and equality mapping
- Leadership, partnership and organisational commitment
- Community engagement and satisfaction
- Responsive services and customer care
- A progressive and diverse workforce
The external challenge noted significant areas of strength across the organisation’s work with customers, partners and staff.