We are all looking to reduce the amount of waste we produce by reusing things and recycling them. Visit Doncaster Councils dedicated web page, it has lot of information on your local recycling centres. www.doncaster.gov.uk/services/bins-recycling-waste
Steps to help reduce waste at home
- Find out what things you can put in your bins for collection; green bin for garden waste, blue bin for recycling, green box for bottles and jars and black bin for rubbish.
- Find out what you can recycle at your local household Waste Recycling Centre
- Look at packaging when you shop to see if it can be recycled.
- Use both sides of paper before recycling it.
- Try to use online versions of newspapers and magazines instead of buying the paper copies.
- Use plug-in appliances instead of battery operated ones.
- Use re-usable bags when purchasing goods.
- Re-use; jam jars, bottles, carrier bags, old clothes, books, unwanted gifts and household goods.
The WWF suggest 7 ways we can all reduce our waste for the sake of the planet. You can also use the site to measure your own carbon footprint and find out how to reduce its size.
7 ways to reduce your waste | WWF