The Business Development Team are based at Adwick Depot, and complete larger and more complex repairs which can be planned as part of a scheme of work to ensure value for money and efficiencies. This enables us to meet the Governments target of 60% of repairs being completed under a planned maintenance regime, and 40% by responsive repairs.
Planned maintenance schemes include:
Batched Repairs are those repairs which are deemed no threat or risk to person or property, and which have minimal impact on quality of living. These types of repairs will be completed within 3 calendar months. Areas within the borough have been segmented to enable a cyclical 3 month visit per area. Dates for these visits are published on here.
Batched repairs schedule
These repairs include:
- Path Renewals
- Rebuilding of brick walls
- Pointing to brick work
- Roof repairs
- Minor Plastering Repairs, i.e. hairline cracks (St. Leger Homes are responsible for 5mm width and above)
To respond to tenants wishes we have developed a preventative maintenance programme, which includes completion of minor repairs such as dripping taps, cleaning of guttering and also carrying out an inspection of the property. We will also ask that you fill in a CPQ.
This is run on an 18 month rolling programme (available on request - this information will soon be available on the website). This reduces the need for you, our customer, to report repairs which are not affecting your living, or a health & safety issue. There is also no need to report gutter cleaning or minor repairs as we do this as part of the programme.
Preventative Maintenance Plus
The St. Leger Homes Plus Scheme is for vulnerable tenants aged 60 years and over and those customers who need extra assistance in their day to day life due to disabilities. We will complete small repairs, and minor improvements and minor adaptations.
For example we can assist with:
- Lowering, raising or fitting of shelves
- Sticking down a loose piece or corner of carpet
- Minor adaptations
- Referral to other agencies or services that could improve quality of life and help sustain independent living
The professional and experienced handyman will take on jobs that can be completed in less than two hours.
We are currently in a trial area, and dependent on the success of this scheme we will be rolling this out to all St. Leger tenants - watch this space for further information.
If you feel that you are vulnerable please fill in this form.
Other Planned Schemes
The Business Development Team also work on the following schemes:
- Fascia and Flat Roofing Programme
- We are currently in the process of replacing the fascia and flat roofs on all St. Leger properties, and are currently following the Decent Homes Programme.
- Sheltered Accommodation, Communal Area & Hall Inspections
- We inspect all sheltered accommodation and communal areas. We will see if any works are required, check dates on fire extinguishers, and check for any health and safety issues.
- Improvements to Sheltered Accommodation Communal Areas
- We are currently replacing the door entry systems to make our buildings more accessible for customers. In addition we are also looking at a programme to improve communal areas. The programme will run over 5 years and includes painting.
- External Painting Programme
- We have a 5 year cyclical painting programme for all external elements of properties. The scheme includes repairs to gates, fencing, and rendering as well as cleaning down of PVC items such as windows and doors.
We are currently reviewing the External Painting Programme, details of the new schedule will be available here soon.
- Fire Safety Improvement Works
- We have a programme of improving our communal areas and flats to ensure they meet current and future fire requirements. Assessments of our properties are ongoing and work has already started in our high rise flats and sheltered buildings.
- Kitchen Renewals
- Decent Homes works intend to replace all non-compliant kitchens by 2015, but from time to time some kitchens may need replacing outside of this scheme. If you report a repair to your kitchen and our repairs team deem it un-economical for repair, this will be passed to the Planned Maintenance team to replace the kitchen outside of the Decent Homes scheme. Our timescale for completion of repairs is within 12 months of initial request.
Please note that if your property is to undergo Decent Homes works within a reasonable time scale we will only replace where absolutely necessary.