The Data Protection Act 1998 deals with information held about individuals. The Act gives the data subject (the person the data is about) certain rights regarding their personal data.
It regulates data controllers (those who process the personal data, for example, St. Leger Homes).
It sets out eight rules that we must follow when we process any request for information we hold about you whether computer or manual records. These are called the Eight Data Protection Principles and state that personal data must be:
- processed fairly and lawfully
- requested for specific purposes only
- adequate, relevant and not excessive
- accurate and up to date
- not kept longer than is necessary
- processed in accordance with the data subject's rights
- not transferred to countries outside European Economic area unless country has adequate protection
What can I ask for under this act?
- Access to personal information held by St. Leger Homes if you are the subject of that information.
- You can also ask for someone else to get information for you as long as you provide written consent.
We collect and process personal information on tenants and leaseholders to provide our services. We are registered and authorised to collect all such data but only in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998.
As the subject of the data collected, you are entitled to access information held on you. This must also be in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998. Where the request is by any individual other than the data subject, permission of the data subject is needed for the release of information.
The timescale to provide this information is 40 working days from receipt of a clear and concise request.
For further advice please contact:
Customer Relations Team
St. Leger Homes of Doncaster Ltd
St. Leger Court
White Rose Way
Doncaster DN4 5ND
St. Leger Homes of Doncaster Data Protection Policy
Under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 members of the public are entitled to ask Public Bodies for information relating to any aspect of the business not covered by exemption.
St. Leger Homes of Doncaster Freedom of Information Policy
Below is the ICO publication scheme:
ICO Model Publication Scheme
Guide to information that can be accessed